ARTS NEWS: Prelude to Performance, the Young Artist Program for aspiring opera singers has announced its participants for the 2017 installment. During the course of the program, selected singers are given an opportunity to prepare the complete interpretation of operatic roles in furtherance of the objectives of the Foundation. Established by legendary soprano Martina Arroyo, this program provides a life-time opportunity to learn from one of the greatest opera stars of her generation. Baritone Phillip Bullock, who hails from Washington, D.C has been named among this year’s crop of talented singers.
- REVIEW: Choral Arts Delivers a Program with a Twist on Mozart
- THEATER: “A Raisin in the Sun” Stirs Emotions at Arena Stage
- A Celebration of a Musical Giant: Marking His 75th Birthday Year, Conductor Roland Carter Makes Stop in Washington to Conduct a Special Ellington Concert in DC
- Kaleidoscope: The Washington Chorus Performed the Music of Julian Wachner
- Consider My Soul: Recital of the Works of J. S. Bach Explored the Depth of the Great Composer